A collection of best practices to use AzerothCore.
- NEVER add custom changes to the AzerothCore sources. Create modules instead.
If you need new hooks to implement your custom changes into modules, feel free to send a PR that implements them.
- keeping your base source code clean will make it easier for you to update it
- keeping your customizations into modules will allow you to easily enable/disable them to troubleshoot any potential issue
- modularized software is much easier to maintain
Pull Requests (PR)
- Helps preventing merge conflicts
- You will implement (and test) your changes as they were applied to latest master version
- NEVER push changes to the
master branch. Aalways your
master branch clean.
When you create a new PR, do
git checkout master and create a new branch using
git checkout -b new-branch.
- This will allow you to create multiple PRs that are independent from each other
- This will allow you to easily update your branches with latest master by first synching your fork and then merging
master into your PR branches.